Learn building REST API’s using Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA (Hibernate) and MySQL for Employee Management Project
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to build RESTful webservices using Spring Boot
- Learn how to develop three layer architecture (Controller, Service and Repository) in Spring boot application
- Learn how to connect Spring boot application to MySQL database
- Learn how to use Lombok library to reduce boilerplate code
- Learn how to use Spring Data JPA in Spring boot application
In this course, you will learn how to build REST APIs using the latest version of Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA (Hibernate), and MySQL database.
Spring Boot is basically an extension of the Spring framework which eliminated the boilerplate configurations required for setting up a Spring application.
Spring Boot is an opinionated framework that helps developers build Spring-based applications quickly and easily. The main goal of Spring Boot is to quickly create Spring-based applications without requiring developers to write the same boilerplate configuration again and again.
You can download the source code of this project from my GitHub repository.
Tools and technologies used:
– Java 16
– Spring Boot
– Spring Data JPA ( Hibernate)
– Eclipse STS
?Course Contents ?
1. Course Inro
2. Project Requirement and REST API Design
3. Quick Recap of JPA, Hibernate, and Spring Data JPA
4. Spring Boot Project Architecture
5. Create Spring Boot Project in STS
6. Create Packaging Structure
7. Configure MySQL Database –
8. Create Employee JPA Entity –
9. Create Spring Data JPA EmployeeRepository –
10. Create Custom Exception
11. Build Create Employee REST API
12. Build Get All Employees REST API
13. Build Get Employee By ID REST API
14. Build Update Employee REST API
15. Build Delete Employee REST API