How to Install cPanel/WHM on CentOS 8 Guide Step by Step many new admins didn’t know how to install cpanel centos8 ,So in this article i will explain in details how to do this, cPanel is commonly known as control panel for web hosting, best and intuitive commercial control panel for web hosting services that contains all tools that any admin need it to make successful website.
It has a cPanel and Web Host Manager(WHM), Making hosting more straightforward and easy for web admins:
- WHM provides root and reseller level-access interface, where consumers can manage settings linked to host management and accounts management.
- While cPanel offers user level access interface to control a web hosting accounts on the server.
Characteristics of cPanel/WHM
- Currently offers AutoSSL encouraging Proxy Subdomains.
- Allows You to see SSL Status from cPanel.
- Supports surgeries like Backups, Migrations and restorations at a really simple and easy method.
- Supports excellent DNS and email server direction for server and in addition to customer account.
- Simplifies direction (start/stop/enable/disable) of providers on server.
- Easy integration using Phpmyadmin handle your MySQL databases from internet browser.
- Enables integration using WHMCS to automate billing direction and much more.
I will describe in this article how to install cPanel/WHM on RHEL/CentOS 8 and insure initial configurations to manage cPanel and WHM.
Requirements installation of cPanel/WHM on Centos 8
- A clean fresh minimal installation of CentOS 8 server.
- Minimum of 1 GB RAM but 2 GB is recommended.
- Hard disk 20GB of free disk space At least but 40 GB recommended.
- Valid cPanel license from cPanel or it’s distributors.
- Standard hostname Fully Qualified Domain Name as it-weblog.com using this command:-
hostnamectl set-hostname it-weblog.com
- Installation of Perl using this command:-
yum install perl
- Installation of cURL using below command:-
yum install curl
Important Notes before install cPanel Centos 8
Before we proceed into the Setup as below, you must note that for the following important points:
- Once You’ve set up cPanel/WHM, it can not be eliminated out of your system. You will have to reinstall your operating system to remove it.
- cPanel is commercial software and requires a license to function, Nevertheless, there’s a 15 day trial (that’s automatically actuated once You put in cPanel), you’re able to install your applications working with the trial then Get the software later.
Step by Step How to Install cPanel/WHM on CentOS 8
1. Make Sure Your host has a regular hostname (FQDN or Fully-qualified Domain Name Name ), otherwise put it as follows (in this instance, cloud is your hostname and also yourdomain.com is your domain name ):-
# hostnamectl set-hostname cloud.yourdomain.com
2. CPanel is written in Perl, so make sure that you own Perl installed in your own server, other shrewd conduct the control below to set it up in your own system.
# yum install perl
3. You Don’t have to conduct any orders to put in It, there’s a car installer script assembled for you personally. All you need to do is down load the cPanel installer script with an cURL control, in the event you have no the cURL control installed, first set it up as this.
# yum install curl
4. Subsequently download the most current installer script into directory.
This command changes your session to the home directory, downloads the latest version of cPanel & WHM, and runs the installation script.
# cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
5. Currently, run the vehicle installer script. Be aware that in the event you’ve logged into the machine with SSH, we highly advise running cPanel automobile installer script in screen style mode using screen command, since it will take 40 60 mins to finish the setup based upon your own server tools and Web connection rates.
# sh latest
As below you will screen as it:-
Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing cPanel & WHM Installer..... Installer Version v00069 tjfdlkjfgkldieu45345j34kl5j3lf15f513a4f5263 Beginning main installation. 2019-12-22 04:52:33 720 ( INFO): cPanel & WHM installation started at: Sun Dec 22 04:52:33 2019! 2019-12-22 04:52:33 721 ( INFO): This installation will require 20-50 minutes, depending on your hardware. 2019-12-22 04:52:33 722 ( INFO): Now is the time to go get another cup of coffee/jolt. 2019-12-22 04:52:33 723 ( INFO): The install will log to the /var/log/cpanel-install.log file. 2019-12-22 04:52:33 724 ( INFO): 2019-12-22 04:52:33 725 ( INFO): Beginning Installation v3... 2019-12-22 04:52:33 428 ( INFO): CentOS 8 (Linux) detected! 2019-12-22 04:52:33 444 ( INFO): Checking RAM now... 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): To take full advantage of all of cPanel & WHM's features, 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): such as multiple SSL certificates on a single IPv4 Address 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): and significantly improved performance and startup times, 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): we highly recommend that you use CentOS version 8. 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): 2019-12-22 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): Installation will begin in 5 seconds. ....
At this point, settle back and relax, perhaps, you’ll be able to catch yourself a cup of Tea as you wait the cPanel installer script to finish the installation.
Important: Some times, cPanel Installer script is not able to update the license as a result of anti virus or resolver entries and you’re going to notice trial warning in the page. You can do it manually with after command:-
Don’t forget at the beginning we mentioned , cPanel is for user level Access and WHM is for root level access, you want to create an account together with option readily available in WHM. In this case , we created a test account with the username”itblog” to reveal to you the perspective of cPanel for users.
Below are useful lists of cPanel Back End and config documents you may Want to know about prior to needs to work with Cpanel and WHM:-