I not too long ago had a dialog with executives at Chipotle, a fast-growing firm within the Meals trade about how they recruit. Works out that they search for candidates who’ve 13 particular attitudes, even for jobs that aren’t customer-facing like IT, Viet Nam software program outsourcing, and Vietnam software program providers.
Once I noticed their listing of attitudes, I spotted instantly that these have been attitudes that each boss desires in each worker, and each coworker desires from their friends. Right here’s the listing, with my interpretation of every attribute:
- Conscientious. Nice staff full duties with out being requested or overseen. They take private accountability for ending the duty and ending it proper.
- Respectful. Nice staff have an excessive amount of self-respect to kowtow to authority, nonetheless, they respect and admire the contribution of their bosses and leaders.
- Hospitable. Nice staff welcome the flexibility to work with coworkers and prospects and categorical that welcome with phrases and actions.
- Excessive Power. Nice staff don’t rely upon managers or coworkers to “pump them up.” They carry their “greatest sport” to something that they do.
- Infectiously Enthusiastic. Nice staff are optimists, they seek for the good in a state of affairs they usually seldom complain about what they will’t change.
- Completely happy. Nice staff take accountability for their very own happiness. They understand that happiness comes from the way in which you see the complete world, not what are the outcomes on the planet.
- Presentable. Nice staff don’t have to be instructed that it’s inappropriate exhibiting up for work trying equivalent to a slob or a slattern. They gown appropriately always.
- Sensible. Nice staff don’t need to be Einstein, however they need to know how one can make the most of the intelligence they’ve bought to contribute the complete effort.
- Well mannered. Nice staff perceive that impolite habits is egocentric and silly and that widespread courtesy is the best strategy to have together with coworkers and prospects.
- Motivated. Nice staff don’t want carrots and sticks to have them shifting. They’re dedicated to doing effectively at their job, whatever the job.
- Bold. Nice staff need to develop, which in operation means rising into new tasks and new ranges of authority.
- Curious. Nice staff want to know the “why” behind the “what.” They search to grasp folks, know-how, and concepts past their floor traits.
- Sincere. Nice staff don’t want Massive Brother staring over their shoulders just because they do the very best factor even when no one is watching.
Supply: S3 Tech Weblog